Watchguard Firebox x750e WAN to LAN -all interfaces as switch

• Hello,

First I must say that I got the Watchguard Firebox x750e  for my home/testing purposes, and so far I'm satisfied with its functions.

I installed "latest" BIOS 8.1 and latest (v 2.2.1) pfSense, so far so good, I managed to get LCD working and FAN speed to survive the reboots etc.

My DashBoard quick info:

Version 	2.2.1-RELEASE (i386)
    built on Fri Mar 13 08:16:53 CDT 2015
    FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p6

You are on the latest version.
    Platform 	nanobsd (1g)
    NanoBSD Boot Slice 	pfsense0 / ada0s1 (ro)
    CPU Type 	Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor 1300MHz

Interfaces:
    WAN     (DHCP) 	[color]up[/color]    	1000baseT <full-duplex>192.168.0.211

LAN 	      [color]down [/color]        none                192.168.1.1</full-duplex> 

…. its been quite some nights I wasn't sleeping enough, but I managed somehow with the help from posts in the forum (yaaaay me :-)

Now I was wondering if I can do this:

I have 2 computers at home, both currently running through Linksys 54 router to internet connection, but of course the "switch" function of router is far low 100Mbps, which I find a bit slow for sharing between the computers & stuff...

what I have done on X750e is I have configured WAN & LAN to work with DHCP and then Bridged LANs 2-7 (numbers of NICs marked at the box)
    and connected the 2 computers to it, like this:

NICs on box:  0    1   2   3   4   5   6  7
    0 - WAN
    1 - LAN   ----  1st computer

2-7 bridged   ------  NIC2 - 2nd computer

when I turn on the comp1 , the box is running everything like I think it's supposed to,
    I can also turn on comp2  and internet connection and sharing between the comp1 - comp2  is working ok.

BUT  the thing is :

if I turn on only comp2  (which is connected to NIC2 - which is bridged to LAN - NIC1 configured static IP)
    then the comp2 is "blind", it does not get IP from DHCP, no internet access even if I configure static IP & GW & DNS in Windows.

Is it possible to have pfSense turn on LAN (NIC status "up") even if it has no "connection" to it, or do I need to have the comp1 always turned on to get it working properly.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

I wish you keep up the good work on this, It is really awesome.