Routing - Two Subnets (WLAN/LAN)

• Here is my scenario:

I am trying to route between the 10.0.0.x and 10.0.10.x.  I have been un-successful maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

• More than likely your Wlan has NAT enabled and wireless clients can't see anything on the 10.0.0.x network, and as a result cannot see your LAN.

• Actually I can hit the 10.0.0.x from wireless clients but not the other way around hit the wireless ip's from a lan machine.

• The problem is most likely a configuration issue with the wireless LAN device.  Again, see if NAT is enabled on it.

• LAYER 8 Netgate

Do you need two different subnets?  If not, just turn off the DHCP server in the Asus and plug one of its LAN ports into a switch port.

• If you want to do this directly on pfSense then you need a physical place to plug in the Wlan to the hardware running the pfSense VM. If possible, connect a Wlan device LAN port (not its WAN) to pfSense and assign it a new interface (OPT1) with IPv4 address in 10.0.10.0/24. Turn off DHCP on the Wlan device, turn on DHCP on the pfSense OPT1 interface.
    Now the Wlan device is being just a dumb WiFi access point.

Alternative is the the Wlan device can disable its NAT and can be set to pass all incoming traffic on its WAN. Then it can act like a downstream router to pfSense - add a gateway in pfSense pointing to the Wlan device WAN IP. Add a static route to point to that gateway for the 10.0.10.0/24 subnet.