SOS! Config.xml is corrupted and is 0 bytes. Could not restore a previous backup

• Hello!

I have problem after installing pfsense. I found message "Config.xml is corrupted and is 0 bytes. Could not restore a previous backup." over console and I can't used console to config network or anything else. My server is IBM System x3400. How do I fixed it? Help me please!!! Thank you.

Sincerely,

Joe

• I ran into a similar situation when I was trying to save the config file directly with the web interface based file editor.

Also got the same when I tried to replace the file manually on the file system with another one, uploaded with SFTP.

It looks like there's a process "watching" this file when it's being modified from outside, and instead accepting the modifications, it deletes it and it tries to restore something from a backup.

The problem is, that:

• if the backup doesn't contain a valid file, the result will be an empty file
    • the user doesn't have a chance to override this behaviour. It may be very well that somebody wants to do this on purpose, and fighting against the system is not something pleasant to do.