Need Advice on a Certain Setup

• I am not certain where to put this one, but the question(s) will be routing and portforward and some others perhaps.

here it goes:
    some illustration(s):
    internet -> modem -> pfsense -> dumb switch -> [esxi/kvm server -> dumb switch -> other pc]

[virtual machine #1 -> dumb switch #1 -> other pc (contains 1 to 5 PC's)]
    [virtual machine #2 -> dumb switch #2 -> other pc (contains 1 to 5 PC's)]
    [virtual machine #3 -> dumb switch #3 -> other pc (contains 1 to 5 PC's)]
    [virtual machine #4 -> dumb switch #4 -> other pc (contains 1 to 5 PC's)]

a bit more explanations on the illustration(s):
    I have the modem on bridge mode.
    I have pfsense (intel atom) doing the pppoe/routing/firewall/portforward/etc.

inside the 'server' will host a maximum of 4 virtual machine (almost identical)
    the server will have 5 physical NIC/LAN.
    1 port NIC/LAN will act to provide internet access to the 4 virtual machines.
    each virtual server will have a dedicated physical NIC/LAN (1 for each server) facing a switch.
    these servers will act as a dhcp/router functions to the other PC's connected to the dumb switch.

my question(s):
    in terms of portforward/creating rules on pfsense, can you foresee any problems this setup may contain?

if something here is not that clear, I'll try to elaborate on it if needed.

thanks in advance!

• Why not do the whole thing with one pfSense box and VLANs?  Or a pfSense box with 5 NICs?  Or one pfSense VM?

• @tim.mcmanus:

Why not do the whole thing with one pfSense box and VLANs?  Or a pfSense box with 5 NICs?  Or one pfSense VM?

seems to be one good way, never thought of this, I'll try to formulate if this will work with my setup, thanks sir!