Crash dumps on embedded/nanobsd

• Since nano runs with the partition in read-only mode, I thought crash dumps got written to a 'crash dump only' partition. I see there are indeed two 1.8gb partitions and one 50mb partition, all listed as freebsd (by "gparted show"). I know the two 1.8gb's are the active partition and the 'boot failure/last known good' partition. Since this is nano, I assume the 50mb isn't a swap partition.

Is the 50mb actually for crash dumps or …?

I did a normal install once (aka, full instead of nano) and after crashes I noticed a banner in the webcfg mentioning the existance of a crash dump. Since I don't get those with nano, I'm wondering if these are indeed not saved on nano.

So, long story short:
      Are crash dumps saved anywhere on nano?
      If yes, how would I access them?
      If not, is saving the serial output the only way to see any crash info on nano?

Thanks!

• Banned

There's no crash dump partition anywhere on nanobsd. That 50MB /cf is for configuration files, not for any dumps.

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

@Alixy:

Are crash dumps saved anywhere on nano?
      If yes, how would I access them?

No they are not. Saving crash dumps requires swap space and NanoBSD doesn't have swap space (to keep disk writes low).

@Alixy:

If not, is saving the serial output the only way to see any crash info on nano?

Yes that's the only way.