VPN client through PFSense not working : where to look at ?
Spear last edited by
Hi, I'm posting in General because I don't know where to look at first … Thanks in advance ;)
I recently decided to manage in a better way the Wifi for customers in our company building. There was one left port on the Cisco, so I decided to totally isolate the external Wifi on one specific dedicated LAN. I chose PFsense because it is a strongly approved solution, it gives me opportunities to improve my skills, and more than all, brings that amazing Captive Portal (it was a decisive factor).
- 1 hardware Firewall (ASA 5510) with one ethernet port dedicated to the company Wifi " Wifi WAN "
- 1 PFSense server with two ethernet boards : one ethernet on " Wifi WAN ", one on " Wifi LAN "
- The Wifi WAN network, where there's only the PFSense server and its " Wifi WAN " Nic
- The Wifi LAN network, where there are two Wifi access points (configured as such)
Does it work ?
- Yes it does, I've set up individual / company accounts, limited bandwidth, it's really great !
So what's up ?
- When some people try to use VPN from the Wifi (USB keyed VPN, or our company CISCO VPN Client using Ipsec), it doesn't work. If I put the workstation directly in the WAN network area, it works, so it doesn't come from the ASA 5510.
Where should I look at ?
Here are the firewall rules on the LAN side (see attachment). Where else should I look at ?
Thanks in advance ! :) Have a great day !
![2015-08-14 09_45_18-wifirewall.localdomain - Firewall_ Rules.png](/public/imported_attachments/1/2015-08-14 09_45_18-wifirewall.localdomain - Firewall_ Rules.png)
![2015-08-14 09_45_18-wifirewall.localdomain - Firewall_ Rules.png_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/2015-08-14 09_45_18-wifirewall.localdomain - Firewall_ Rules.png_thumb)