Unbound resolver not refreshing from DHCP leases
Quick question regarding the unbound resolver.
I can't find it documented anywhere how often unbound refreshes the DHCP leases table.
I'd expect for a DHCP lease to be immediately reflected in the results of a DNS query to unbound. However this is not the case.
Use case one:
- a DHCP lease for a newly commissioned PC
- expected: unbound to return IP that was allocated by DHCP
- actual: unbound returns NXDOMAIN
Use case two:
- a DHCP lease for an existing hostname but a different mac address, resulting in a new IP
- expected: unbound to return new IP
- actual: unbound returns old IP
In both cases restarting unbound and querying again results in the query succeeding and the correct result being returned.
This is 2.2.2-RELEASE (amd64) with "Register DHCP leases in the DNS Resolver" and "Register DHCP static mappings in the DNS Resolver" both ticked.
How can I force unbound to reflect changes to DHCP leases immediately?
Thank you. Tracking that with interest.