Problems after upgrading to 2.2.4



  • Presently using a Motorola cable modem and TWC ISP (15/1) hooked directly into my Netgate FW using pfsense embedded at 10/100.
    Running 2.2.4.

    I'm getting a large number of dropped packets and 3000+ ms ping time from FW to modem and subsequent hops.

    I have tested the connection with two other routers, one of which running stock firmware, the other of which running DD-WRT, all have the same issue when jumping to the gateway.
    Issue only began a week ago after upgrading to 2.2.4

    I check system logs and the only thing I'm seeing out of the ordinary is apinger: ALARM: WAN_DHCP(GW IP) *** delay ***
    There's a ton of instances of this message.
    Even changed modems and it appears that it's still happening.

    A single 500 MB file is taking 3 hours.
    I just set my pfsense Gateway as always up so I don't know why I'm still receiving these errors and incredibly large timeouts.

    Possible that it's a failing NIC?

    Please help ASAP, I work from home and I really need this connection stable.

    EDIT:
    I have used an older CF card with the 2.2.3 image on it and it has been working better so far with the one fault that the Web UI will not pull up when past the login screen.



  • @Emperortracker:

    I have tested the connection with two other routers, one of which running stock firmware, the other of which running DD-WRT, all have the same issue when jumping to the gateway.
    Issue only began a week ago after upgrading to 2.2.4

    You put in completely different routers with completely different software and all have the same behavior. That problem obviously has nothing to do with the upgrade, and nothing to do with the hardware or pfSense at all. Your gateway isn't on the modem, it's upstream on TWC's network (assuming the most common bridged scenario).

    The symptoms match what'd happen with signal issues or other problems with your cable.



  • Which is weird as TWC has checked their line and stated nothing is wrong and even had a technician come out and verified the connection at the demarc is fine.

    I've used 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 both with my normal configuration and with fresh installs and had the massive timeouts and name resolution errors.

    I'm at a loss as to what to do at this point but it's severely hindering my ability to work properly.