Kernel: update_fs error?

• Started getting a kernel error after adding a pair of traffic limiters alongside an existing pair. Recreated limiters and still occurs. Anyone know if the error below is related? Error happens after every "check_reload_status: Reloading filter" in the system log.

Error;
    kernel: update_fs fs 5 for sch 5 not 65540 still unlinked

• I seem to remember someone (Kom, Dok or Derelict) posting a couple months or so ago that traffic limiters dont work in 2.2.4.

Might be worth searching through the forum for the post just to be sure.

• Been using ver 2.2.4 for months til now & limiters have worked fine. I determined if I delete all limiters that then a rule change doesnt trigger errors. If I recreate even one limiter the errors return when a rule, any rule, is modified.

• Looks like I may have orphan limiter queues. How to remove?  SSH?

• Probably quickest is to backup, restore then reboot, I find that always works best.

• Thanks for the suggestion. But for me a restore has created new issues that need to be cleaned up after the restore, i.e. package install/configuration.

I removed all limiters, via the GUI, then set the CRON for a 3AM reboot hoping it would clean up the orphan limiter queues. Lucky for me it did. I then re-added the two limiters and all is well, no more error messages.  I think I accidently tried to create a limiter with the same name twice but never applied it. Either that or deleting the limiter containing a queue without first deleting the child queue likely caused the orphan queues.

• @markn62:

Thanks for the suggestion. But for me a restore has created new issues that need to be cleaned up after the restore, i.e. package install/configuration.

After a restore, there should be a button below the restore backup option which reinstalls all packages again, only appears after the first restore I think.

Glad the reboot worked, one way of looking at reboots is like a poweroutage contingency test. I know taking servers and other critical network infrastructure down is a drag but sometimes its the only way of being sure and at least you know it will or should work ok in the event of a proper poweroutage or something else unplanned.