Upgrade from 2.1.5 to 2.2.5 resulted in broken web interface



  • Upgraded from 2.1.5 to 2.2.5. All seemed to go fine except after making a configuration change via the web interface I got this Fatal error: Call to undefined function pfSense_fsync() in /etc/inc/config.lib.inc on line 856. Any ideas as to what I need to do to fix this? Saw a similar problem described in the forums related to older versions of pfsense. Thoughts on that issue was that version information was missing from the configuration.

    To clarify, the web interface loads fine. It's when I go to save anything I've changed that I get this error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function pfSense_fsync() in /etc/inc/config.lib.inc on line 856. I've tried making changes to several different items and all have lead to this error upon saving.



  • So I searched the forum more for this error and found a post in Portuguese referencing the exact error I'm having. The second post in that thread from the author of the original:

    Desconfiado, via prompt de comando consegui dar o reboot e tudo funcionou na maior normalidade. ;D ;D Obrigado a todos.!!

    I had looked at the post before but since it was in Portuguese I didn't spend much time looking at it. I looked more closely this time. The only English word I recognized was reboot followed by smiley faces so I gave it a shot and what do you know . . . no more error.



  • Try Google Translate next time you run into some foreign text:

    https://translate.google.com

    Suspicious, via command prompt able to reboot and everything worked mostly normal. ;D ;D Thank you all !!.

    Glad to hear you got it working.  The Universal Windows Fix sometimes applies to other OSes as well.


Log in to reply