Second pfSense of a cluster totally unconfigured
this happened twice, just: after a sync of Snort and pfBlockerNG, both with the "Sync" option enabled, it happened that during the config sync to the backup member of the cluster the backup machine was totally stuck, no webconfigurator, no access to the remote console. After a cold reboot:
- The config file was totally ruined: Interfaces, firewall rules, even the admin's password from the console was reset in inconsistent values and there was no way to recover the machine;
- The RRD data during the first boot was "converted" to new values (?);
- I had no access to the console, I mean the password has changed and I had no choice to authenticate and reset;
- Of course the web-configurator was not available;
- During the boot I saw many errors like "the configuration is invalid".
The only thing I could do was to restore the system from a "drive image backup".
This on version 2.2.6-RELEASE (i386) on both machines, Snort and pfBlockerNG packets with sync options.
Do you have any idea about this problem? In the while I disable the Sync options both to Snort than pfBlockerNG.