Questions about home network

• I have some general questions about pfSense:

• Can you configure via the webGUI to use Tor (instead of a VPN)? If not, will it be easy to transfer all traffic to the tor client SOCKS (I have basic Debian experience).
    • I want to fully control my home network. This means that I want to white list machines based on their MAC (beside the normal WPA password etc. it's purely for human control and not technical security), is this possible (via the webGUI)?
    • I want to manage internet speeds per device (or network) to the outside. Can I for example give my own Desktop atleast 90% of the 20Mbps to the outside and other machines less? This is one of the key factors why I'm thinking about pfSense (or another system in between).
    • Is it a good idea to place Wireless cards inside my PfSense box (which means it will be both a firewall and WiFi AP)?
    • What hardware should be applicable for a 1000Mbps internal network with about 20 devices (Laptops/PC's/Phones)? Core i3? Core i5?
    • I'm thinking about a NAS system to put in front of the pfSense box.

• Though I am new to pfsense,  or rather firewall,  I had similar questions.

With my experience with pfsense for last couple of months,  I am trying to answer in my own way.

Can you configure via the webGUI to use Tor (instead of a VPN)? If not, will it be easy to transfer all traffic to the tor client SOCKS (I have basic Debian experience).  – >  Not tried hence can not answer.

I want to fully control my home network. This means that I want to white list machines based on their MAC (beside the normal WPA password etc. it's purely for human control and not technical security), is this possible (via the webGUI)?  --->  You can
      Confiigure dhcp service  and allocate static address based on mac addresses per device, disallow unknown devices.  All thru webgui.

I want to manage internet speeds per device (or network) to the outside. Can I for example give my own Desktop atleast 90% of the 20Mbps to the outside and other machines less? This is one of the key factors why I'm thinking about pfSense (or another system in between).  – You can do thru webgui.
      Steps –1) Create firewall rule that your lan network traffic only to your pfsense box.  2) configure limiter  on per device basis.  (  on you tube, you will get plenty video's how to set this )

Is it a good idea to place Wireless cards inside my PfSense box (which means it will be both a firewall and WiFi AP)?  **No it is not a good idea as a very few internal wireless cards are compatible to pfsense.  Best is to use standard wireless router without routing. **

What hardware should be applicable for a 1000Mbps internal network with about 20 devices (Laptops/PC's/Phones)? Core i3? Core i5?  –  .  **Standard core2duo with 2gb and a pair of  intel based lan card of 1gb is more than sufficient for the purpose ( Actually I am using this setup for 50 + devices with no issues.  ) **

Best of luck !!!