DynDNS for Private IP

• DynDNS service trying to find public IP and send it to DynDNS service provider. I want to send my private IP. I don't want to determine the public IP.
    Is there a easy way?

• LAYER 8 Global Moderator

For what possible reason would you need to resolve a private IP publicly for - you sure and the hell can not route it anywhere.

If you want to resolve a private IP, then you resolve it locally..

• @johnpoz:

For what possible reason would you need to resolve a private IP publicly for - you sure and the hell can not route it anywhere.

If you want to resolve a private IP, then you resolve it locally..

How can I do?
    I must change codes, do I?

huh?  Dude I am not going to help you put rfc1918 space into a public dns.. Its BROKEN setup..

You can dynamically register your devices local private IPs with your local dns..

• I think we're talking about different things.

My pfsense's WAN interface ip is 192.168.1.100.
    My subdomain test.domain.com at freedns

I want this: test.domain.com = 192.168.1.100 with Dynamic DNS updates.

Can I do it with Custom serivce or I must write a php script and add it cron?

"I want this: test.domain.com = 192.168.1.100 with Dynamic DNS updates."

And that is BROKEN!!!  Why would you want or need such a thing??  You can not get to 192.168.1.100 from anywhere other than your local network.  So registering that in freedns or any other public dns dyn or not is completely POINTLESS and a BROKEN setup..

What you want is for your actual public IP… Go to whats my public IP and see what that is, that is the IP address you want to publish, so when your away from your network or need for someone to connect to pfsense they would use your actual public IP..

• It's not broken setup. You don't answer my question, you offer a different thing.
    I wan't use private ip on public dns.

I know what I want. I do not know how I can do.

"I wan't use private ip on public dns."

And that is BROKEN!!!  There is NO Point in doing that - NONE!!!  Please give example how it makes sense for public dns to resolve to a private IP address…  There isn't any!!  There is NO point for anyone other than your local machines to resolve that IP..  So using your local dns you resolve it..

Public domains responding with rfc1918 address is how rebinding attacks work - are you wanting to do a rebinding attack?

• If I don't use local DNS?

And why is that?  pfsense can be dns, any soho router can be dns.. So put that 192.168.1.100 in your host file then..

Public dns is not the place for rfc1918 address space.. Pfsense runs unbound in resolver mode out of the box - why would you turn it off?