Pfsense and OpenLdap

• Hello there !

I'm in a corporation and i have a project, setup a captive portal with an open ldap.
    My open ldap server is fine (i think), i can open session on clients (debian 8 mate) with the username in the ldap server.

The aim is now to allow pfsense to access internet in the captive portal with the ldap access (username and password).

I have setup all (i think) but i have an error in the system logs :
    php-fpm[242]: /diag_authentication.php: ERROR! Could not bind to server ldap.srv.lan.

All is running on Vmware for the moment.

This is the ldap configuration in system>users>servers :

And this is my ldap server :

Could you help me please

• Rebel Alliance Global Moderator

what version of pfsense are you using?  Current version of pfsense ldap settings show a dropdown to pick your ldap server template

• Hello, I'm using the 2.2.5 version of pfsense.
    I have tried with the 2.2.6 but the error change to :  pfSense php-fpm[243]: /diag_authentication.php: ERROR! Either LDAP search failed, or multiple users were found.

• @shady91000:

Hello, I'm using the 2.2.5 version of pfsense.
    I have tried with the 2.2.6 but the error change to :  pfSense php-fpm[243]: /diag_authentication.php: ERROR! Either LDAP search failed, or multiple users were found.

See if you can use anonymous bind for now. If that works then your bind user credentials are incorrect.

• I have solved my problem, it was in the member attribute and the credentials for the ldap bind. Thank you
    Now i can authentify my users with the authentification diagnostic.

I have to setup a captive portal and Freeradius package for the connectivity between pfsense and openldap server

Freeradius is obligate for ldap loggin on the captive portal ? Sorry for my english