FreeRadius2 Will Not Start After 2.2.6 > 2.3 Upgrade

• Before I slap you guys with a question/issue, I'd like to say congrats on pfSense 2.3!  The new UI is a welcome refresh and will only get better going forward.

I haven't seen a post on this yet, but I had some trouble with FreeRadius2 1.7.3_1 starting after the upgrade to 2.3.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the package, smacked on the start button in services a couple of times and cleared the db.daily/weekly/monthly/forever files and couldn't get this thing to start from the webGUI.

HOWEVER, I was able to start it successfully from the shell and the status updated in the webGUI.  Any idea where I can start to troubleshoot why the service refuses to start from the webGUI?  Perhaps something the webGUI isn't invoking in radiusd.sh?  Thoughts?

[2.3-RELEASE][root@pfsense.home]/usr/local/etc/rc.d: ./radiusd onestart

Thanks!

• I saw a similar circumstance where there was a stale lock file on an upgraded system that prevented it from starting. Go to Diag>Command or SSH and run:

rm /tmp/radiusd_start.lock

Then try to start freeradius.

• Thanks! I was having the same issue with FreeRadius after upgrading and this worked perfectly to resolve.  Much appreciated.

• @cmb:

I saw a similar circumstance where there was a stale lock file on an upgraded system that prevented it from starting. Go to Diag>Command or SSH and run:

rm /tmp/radiusd_start.lock

Then try to start freeradius.

Solid.  Thanks for the quick response (and the fix)!

• Hi Guys,

I tried to run this command but heres what I got

rm: /tmp/radiusd_start.lock: No such file or directory

any ideas?

Thanks