Secondary GUI non responsive with Primary Active
vito last edited by
Ok, I have setup Carp before but this a bit odd.
Problem: Primary member is fine..no problems with the gui.
The secondary GUI on 2.2.6 was pretty much useless. I could sometimes get to ssh in and reset the web service…sometime worked sometimes not.
Upgraded to 2.3 and the secondary Gui is better, but not great.
If I reboot or take the primary offline, the secondary is fine..no GUI problems. Primary comes back on and the problem is back. (this was the same for 2.2.6 and 2.3)
I have a EVPL interface. So I setup the firewall so I can get into the GUI from that side. (from remote location)
Oddly, from this interface I experience no gui problems at all.
As soon as I go back to access the GUI on the Lan interface (on the lan network), the problem is there.
Couple of notes on this setup:
- Lan is setup as a LAGG on both devices for failover only.
- Lan is not vlan’d
- Carp is on its own real interface. Failover seems fine from what I can tell.
- Even with the slow GUI, the secondary does seem to get all primary update changes.
- No other packages setup yet for sync. I know there was a problem with snort on 2.2.6 and the web server
6) Ping to the real LAN IP of secondary never drops.
It really could be something I am missing, but just want to check.
Thanks in advance.