Failed checksum from repository error [Resolved – faulty realtek adapter]



  • *** Resolved - Faulty Realtek adapter ***

    Speedtest showed 2mbits download and 5mbit upload on a 30mbit DIA.

    Realtek triple NIC card with WAN assigned to RE1.
    Re-assigned WAN to motherboard NIC (RE0). Disabled RE1, and assigned LAN, OPT1 to RE2 and RE3.

    Packages installed now. No more authentication or repository key errors…

    *** Resolved ***

    Hello.

    I have just finished new install of version 2.3 via img file on new system.

    When I try to install packages, I get the following error...

    pfSense repository is up-to-date.
    All repositories are up-to-date.
    The following 3 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

    New packages to be INSTALLED:
    pfSense-pkg-arping: 1.2.2_1 [pfSense]
    arping: 2.15_1 [pfSense]
    libnet: 1.1.6_3,1 [pfSense]

    The process will require 547 KiB more space.
    131 KiB to be downloaded.
    Fetching pfSense-pkg-arping-1.2.2_1.txz: . done
    Fetching arping-2.15_1.txz: … done
    pkg: arping-2.15_1 failed checksum from repository
    Failed

    before posting, I have completed the following steps from the 'issues updating sticky…'

    1. fetch -qo (which returned an authentication error at first. After reboot, it went through ok, no error reported)
    2. Checked the packages, all are up to date for 2.3. (I do not see NanoBSD though)
    3. Checked the pkg repository configuration, and made suggested corrections. (yes, yes..I checked it over 3 times and made sure the comma's were at the end of each statement)

    Rebooted, and still no joy. None.

    (Remember, it's a leap year, and leap years belong to Mr. and Mrs Murphy...)



  • still have the same Problem. Fresh Install on APU1D4 Board