Dashboard widget CpuGraphs shows "Cannot get CPU load".



  • In recent builds the dashboard widget "Cpu Graphs" is showing "Cannot get CPU load".
    But the "System Information / CPU Usage" is updated OK with the current CPU-load.

    So at least one function manages to get the CPU-load but don't know why the widget doesn't…

    I'm currently running the PFSense 1.3 in VMware...

    //Dan Lundqvist

    Ps. tried both "pfSense-20080721-1643.iso.gz" and "ALPHA-20080723-1546.tgz"
    but will download and "ALPHA-20080723-2313.tgz".  Get back with results...



  • Try the snapshot that was just copied up.



  • Thumbs up!  Now it works…  Now I get the CpuGraph in the widget.
    Thanks sulrich for a quick fix... :-)

    Will pursue my quest to find other bugs to report in the 1.3.
    That is what bug-bashing is all about... hehehe

    //Dan Lundqvist



  • Dan did you close browser and login again



  • Hmm… I think I spoke to soon... As soon as I logout and in again it is back to "Cannot get CPU-load".

    I tried to reboot and before starting I removed the PHP-session cookie so I was force to login
    as normal but I still get the "Cannot get CPU-load".

    It worked once after upgrade + upgrade-restart but next time and following logins it does not work.
    Feels like some corrupt data is stored in the configuration which causes it to not work again.

    Checked the /conf/config.xml but could not find anything that looked corrupt/wrong.
    The mystery is tightening...

    sullrich, do you have any clue ?

    //Danne



  • @mrzaz:

    Hmm… I think I spoke to soon... As soon as I logout and in again it is back to "Cannot get CPU-load".

    I tried to reboot and before starting I removed the PHP-session cookie so I was force to login
    as normal but I still get the "Cannot get CPU-load".

    It worked once after upgrade + upgrade-restart but next time and following logins it does not work.
    Feels like some corrupt data is stored in the configuration which causes it to not work again.

    Checked the /conf/config.xml but could not find anything that looked corrupt/wrong.
    The mystery is tightening...

    sullrich, do you have any clue ?

    //Danne

    I'm seeing the same. It seems its not loading all the needed files to pull the cpu update. The CPU graph and the CPU usage in system info use two different methods to pull the CPU %. That is why one works and the other does not. I'll take a look at is soon.



  • Ok, let me know when you have found anything and if it is an easy fix I could test it before you put it into CVS.
    Or else, could you let me know in what build it will be included and I could download that and make new tests.

    Best regards
    Dan Lundqvist



  • Hi sdale,

    F.Y.I.

    Tried the "ALPHA-20080801-0408.tgz" but is still the same.  Tried to remove the "widget" section from config.xml
    and restarted and then added the CPU-graph but still the same.

    //Dan Lundqvist


Log in to reply