NUT blazer_usb



  • Hi all,

    First post, long time lurker, props to everyone for the work on 2.3.x

    It's running perfectly with one slight problem. NUT and the blazer_usb driver.

    I'm running 2.3.1 with a generic Asian UPS (APC are hard to find here) Software provided is UPSilion 2000

    I've followed all the posts pertaining to this without seeing a resolution, I've tried adding subdriver,productid, vendorid, langid_fix to ups.conf

    
    user=root
    [sunpac]
    driver=blazer_usb
    langid_fix=0x4095
    subdriver=krauler
    productid=0005
    vendorid=0925
    port=auto
    
    

    when i try to start it I get

    starting blazer_usb
    Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.3
    Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol USB driver 0.11 (2.7.3)
    No supported devices found. Please check your device availability with 'lsusb'
    and make sure you have an up-to-date version of NUT. If this does not help,
    try running the driver with at least 'subdriver', 'vendorid' and 'productid'
    options specified. Please refer to the man page for details about these options
    (man 8 blazer_usb).
    
    Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
    blazer_usb failed to start
    

    The GUI says

    ERROR: NUT is enabled, however the service is not running!

    I was able to get it to run at one point but with an error that it could not get a status from the UPS but I can't reproduce it.

    Syslog shows :

    May 19 11:01:19 kernel ugen0.3: <vendor 0x0925="">at usbus0
    May 19 11:01:19 kernel uhid1: <vendor 0="" 3="" 0x0925="" ups="" usb="" mon="" v1.4,="" class="" 0,="" rev="" 1.10="" 0.01,="" addr="">on usbus0

    Has anyone managed to get this to work and if so could they post it here. I want to be able to recommend Pfsense to people but this is the one snag that's stopping me. Most UPS options around here are unknown generics which will hit similar issues.

    Hope someone can help as rainy season just started and that's when problem can arise with storms.

    John</vendor></vendor>



  • Probably best to diagnose things directly via the NUT command line tools rather than the package gui. The NUT support groups are probably your best bet for assistance:

    http://networkupstools.org/support.html



  • After doing some more digging on ups lists I have got this far

    Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol USB driver 0.12 (2.7.4)
      0.000000 debug level is '4'
      0.000294 language ID workaround enabled (using '0x4095')
      0.000538 Checking device (0925/1234) (/dev/usb//dev/ugen0.2)
      0.129193 - VendorID: 0925
      0.129198 - ProductID: 1234
      0.129201 - Manufacturer: unknown
      0.129203 - Product: unknown
      0.129205 - Serial Number: unknown
      0.129207 - Bus: /dev/usb
      0.129210 - Device release number: 0001
      0.129212 Trying to match device
      0.129222 Device matches
      0.129226 nut_usb_set_altinterface: skipped usb_set_altinterface(udev, 0)
      0.197019 Trying megatec protocol…
      0.197030 send: Q1
      0.265010 read: Unknown error
      0.265017 Permissions problem: Input/output error

    I see another person had this problem with pfsense 2 years ago and got nowhere.



  • Try setting it to APC Back-UPS USB

    It works for me with a CyberPower UPS…


Log in to reply