Serving nonstandard dhcp values

• Although my interface IP/Netmask may be large, such as 10.0.0.0/8 … I want to DHCP to serve a more constrained range and netmask on this interface, such as 10.130.1.0/24 ... is this possible?  If so, how would I set it up?
    Thanks, -pc

• No, this is not currently possible.

• Since the dhcp server is simply transmitting data fields (ip,netmask,gateway,dns,etc) out to clients.  If the dhcpd server developers took it upon themselves to unnecessary code in non-required restrictions as to the content of the data (ie. netmask), well that just seems daft.  If this is actually the case, I imagine that silly netmask validation routine could easily be commented out of dhcpd source.

• @pcatiprodotnet:

Since the dhcp server is simply transmitting data fields (ip,netmask,gateway,dns,etc) out to clients.  If the dhcpd server developers took it upon themselves to unnecessary code in non-required restrictions as to the content of the data (ie. netmask), well that's just seems daft.  If this is actually the case, I imagine that silly netmask validation routine could easily be commented out of dhcpd source.

Its possible but pfSense does not support it.

• To verify, if my Interface IP/Netmask is "10.130.1.1/13" then the following dhcpd.conf entry for that interface would not work?

subnet 10.130.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
        range 10.130.1.10 10.130.1.254;
            option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
            option broadcast-address 10.130.1.255;
            option routers 10.130.1.1;
            option domain-name-servers 10.130.1.1;
            option domain-name "domain.com";
            option ip-forwarding on;
            option netbios-node-type 8;
        }

• subnet on the client interface and the server interface need to be the same

• Ah, corrected a typo, the interface IP is now specified as desired above.