Cannot ping or get internet to client from Hyper-V Pfsense Server

• Hi, I am running the latest Pfsense in a Virtual Machine Hyper-V in Windows Server 2019. Now I have set Pfsense up and configured my interfaces and IP's.

I have two network interfaces - WAN - DHCP enabled - IP 192.168.0.10 / 32
    I have the LAN - DHCP disabled - IP 192.168.1.1 /24

Now I can ping 8.8.8.8 fine from the Pfsense VGA menu button 7 ping and can ping 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.10 and I can access the Web Configurator at http://192.168.1.1 on my Windows Server box where the Pfsense Virtual Machine is running.

I cannot ping 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.10 on my client that is on my LAN. My client computers IP is 192.168.1.34 with gateway 192.168.1.1 and primary DNS 192.168.1.1

I have not set up any Firewall rules and took some screenshots of what my settings are, I tried searching google for tutorials and guides for setting up Pfsense but am stuck here.

This is how my network is set up: Modem - Tp-Link router with DHCP enabled 192.168.0.1 - Windows Server 2019 box with three NIC's, three Vlan's in Hyper-V, one external for WAN and one Internal for LAN only using two, These NIC's I can ping from my client computer. - Client computer connected to a switch and then to the TP-LInk router.

I am only using two Vlan's in Pfsense one external and one internal, both functional.

I just need a few good pointers to get my network running on Pfsense.

I did more reading and think the problem is from my server running as a Domain Network in Windows network and sharing center. Do I disable windows firewall since I will be using a pfsense firewall?

pfsenseDomserver.jpg pfsenseDomserver2.jpg pfsenseDomserver3.jpg pfsenseDomserver4.jpg

• I found out what I was doing wrong and I had a wifi adapter as my LAN interface 192.168.1.1 and I guess those don't work good as sharing so I enabled my other Intel hardwired NIC in Hyper-V and then set it up in Pfsense and now I can get pings and Internet through my LAN.

I should have done this from the start but I thought that I needed this second NIC interface for a dedicated connection to my Windows Server 2019 OS.

Now I just need to set up rules for my web server and dedicated gaming servers and try out OpenVPN or something like that.

• @Dominixise said in Cannot ping or get internet to client from Hyper-V Pfsense Server:

I found out what I was doing wrong and I had a wifi adapter as my LAN interface 192.168.1.1 and I guess those don't work good as sharing so I enabled my other Intel hardwired NIC in Hyper-V and then set it up in Pfsense and now I can get pings and Internet through my LAN.

I should have done this from the start but I thought that I needed this second NIC interface for a dedicated connection to my Windows Server 2019 OS.

Now I just need to set up rules for my web server and dedicated gaming servers and try out OpenVPN or something like that.

Thank you for your update, but It seems that I have that the same problem, the 192.168.1.1 doesn't load for me ! is there any solution for that ?