WAN SPEED SLOW
rsaanon last edited by rsaanon
- Hardware: i3-7100U @ 2.4GHz, 1TB SSD, Intel NICs (82583V)
- Running latest pf: 2.4.4-RELEASE-p3 (amd64) under ESXi v6.7
- Allocated 2 vCPUs + 4GB Memory + 16GB Storage
- Using ESXi NIC Driver: VMXNET3
- Standard pfSense installation with no additional packages
When I connect my laptop to the ISP's MODEM, I get as expected ~400/20Mbps; however, when I connect the MODEM to the Intel NIC that's configured for the vSwitch/WAN, the speed drops down to 6/10Mbps. During the speedteset, the CPU/Disk utilization was < 2%. All test are done with wired connections.
A while back I think I've had similar issue. The issue ended up being some bug in the pfSense version I was running. Since I'm running the latest version of pfSense, that's obviously not an issue this time. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
With that level of throttling I would look for a NIC negotiating the wrong link speed. Then check why it is. The other end if the connection not using auto-negotiation for example or a bad cable.
provels last edited by
Or maybe he thought he was helping things by hard setting the speed and duplex where not supported? Auto-neg is my friend...