Traffc Shaper in 1.2.3 is wors than 1.2.2
I updated the pfsense a week ago on my ALIX board. Everythings went well expect the ping became very high.
I uploaded my old 1.2.2 config, which was tweaked for my 8M/512K DSL connection. I didn't have any problem so far in 1.2.2 the ping never reached 150ms.
In 1.2.3 I get 500ms ping on traffic load and I can't get better result. Any idea?
Upgrading now, I have a pretty sophisticated traffic shaping config for a 7x768 cable connection, I will let you know if mine does the same thing, or not. My ping to google in my area is around 30ms all the time, has been for a few years.
I will agree it's not as good, as my ping went from solid 30 to initial ping of 40-65 with successive pings falling to 30-35. Same rules, same cable. I guess there is just more going on with this version.
Maybe you should try pfsense 2.0 beta, I'm tempted to… things aren't working out for me too well in 1.2.3 as well
2.0-beta does not work really good. I have two LAN interfaces and one WAN and the shaper wizard doesn't even complete with 2.0. Still very buggy this beast…
Went back to 1.2.3
I think im getting the same thing: http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,22353.0.html
It honestly looks like it's not doing anything. Currently downloading some torrents and everything has come to a crawl.
I just upgraded from 1.2-RC3 (LOL) to 1.2.3 and upon testing with many users, I found spikes to 2000ms… using 85% of my actual connection speed, and putting unimportant traffic to queue prio 2,3 (with upper limit at another 85% off qW/Lanroot) while default is 4. I get heavy spikes and delay even for traffic under q6..
Configuration is 95% the same as 1.2-RC3.. yea something just isn't right...
nat reflection isn't quite working as well....
1.2.3 is urgh... now i'm tempted to try 2.0.
I can confirm that. I moved from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 and ping issues started with nearly the same configuration.
That kind of suck cause I mainly choosed pfsense for it traffic shaper and it seems that the stable version with proper shaper would be 1.2.2 only which is somehow not stable on my net5500 box :(