Help.. RC3 Upgrade failed. How do I recover?

• Hi all,

I just upgraded this morning from RC2 (not sure which build) to the June 27th release of RC3.  On reboot, I get the following error:

Configuring firewall.. Segmentation fault (core dumped)

At this point, I can not even ping the LAN interface from my management workstation (let alone access the webgui).

What are my options for recovery at this point?

Thanks,

Jeff

• Well, after a reboot I can ping the LAN IP address.  If I restart the webconfigurator from the console, I can then access the webgui.  The config looks OK.  But, I have no connectivity to the Internet.  I tried backing up the config and restoring it.  But, same result on reboot.  I'm going to try installing an older firmware and see what happens.

• Well, I couldn't get the firmware re-installed no matter what way I tried.  So it looks like a re-install…. I should have known better to attempt an upgrade when I was scheduled to go production today...

• FYI:

I was able to reset to default via the console and get back running.  However, I had 2 different backup config files.  (One from a week prior to the upgrade and one from after the failed upgrade).  When restoring the config from after the failed upgrade, I got the same results.  When restoring the original config, I did not receive any errors, but I had no Internet connectivity.  I ended up redoing the config from scratch and it seems to be working now.

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

Do you still have the broken configuration files? (Before and after the upgrade)

If so, e-mail them to me - jimp (a) pfsense {dot} org

I'd like to look them over to see if there might be a problem somewhere in the upgrade code.

• jimp,

Email sent…

Thx