ERROR: in ipsec between RV042 and PFbox 2.1

• Hi

getting following error on pfbox :
    ERROR: exchange Identity Protection not allowed in any applicable rmconf.

getting following error on rv042:
    Cannot respond to IPsec SA request because no connection is known for 0.0.0.0/0===xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx…yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy===0.0.0.0/0

I have checked both sites are on Main mode

Using Pfsense 2.1 and the other Router is a RV042, haven't been able to get pfsense to work with it, can someone please post the screen shots of their settings so I can copy them.

my both sites are on static IP.

thanks!!

• adding SS for my setup

in P2 for pfsense I just went ahead and ticked all to try everything..

i'd really prefer if it were in main mode but not even aggressive is connecting

![rv042 ipsec set.png](/public/imported_attachments/1/rv042 ipsec set.png)
    ![rv042 ipsec set.png_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/rv042 ipsec set.png_thumb)
    ![pfsense P1.png](/public/imported_attachments/1/pfsense P1.png)
    ![pfsense P1.png_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/pfsense P1.png_thumb)
    ![pfsense P2.png](/public/imported_attachments/1/pfsense P2.png)
    ![pfsense P2.png_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/pfsense P2.png_thumb)

• bump

• Banned

You'd probably have more luck moving to whatever rv042 support venue they provide.

• i kinda figured out what the issue was and it may be something to do with the 2.1 release, maybe a feature or gui issue which was causing this problem.

i did get it working. i will post screenshots for both sites in the morning.

EDIT: Sorry, will post SS next week as I need to travel to another city and only have access to cellphone.
    anyway the issue was very simple.

In Pfsense Phase1 of my identifier and peer identifier I selected my IP and peer IP tabs as I assumed it would be the default public IPs, but that was not the case. I had to select "IP address" in both tabs and manually give my and peer public IP.

it started working.

there is a lot of search for RV042 - pfsense setting screenshots, so I will make sure to put them up soon.

rgds