[SOLVED] Load Balancing Not Working After Upgrade to 2.1

• Hi all,

My PFSense firewall had been working great until I upgraded this morning.  I've made no changes to my configuration that has worked for the past few months.  All of my settings held true since the upgrade.  Under System > Routing > Gateways my primary WAN (WAN0) now has a checkbox in the default gateway that is checked.  I cannot get that "default gateway" box unchecked no matter what I try.  When I tested my load balance / failover, I'm only getting the max bandwidth from one device instead of both as I used to.  Also, when I tested my failover, it no longer works as well.  Are there any fixes or has anyone else noticed this as well?

Thanks for your help in advance.

• Only 1 gateway can be the default gateway. For load balancing, you should have a gateway group, containing multiple WAN gateways. Then rules on LAN to match traffic you want to load balance and, in the advanced section, send that traffic to the gateway group.

• Thanks for your reply.  This is exactly how I have this configuration set up.

• My apologies and thanks to all that responded.  This was truly a PEBKAC issue.  I should probably get decent sleep prior to making firewall modifications.

Thanks,

• Glad you mentioned PEBCAK. This WiKi article is quite amusing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_error
    including "Don't think of the user as making errors; think of the actions as approximations of what is desired"
    and, in reference to ID10T - "Historical use (circa 1995) includes phone tech support personnel instructing the user/customer to place the line "id=10t" in their CONFIG.SYS file as a warning to future tech support personnel."