Intermittent connection after cloning interface
to create a guest WiFi network, I cloned the integrated WiFi interface and then assigned it as WiFi_guest with different SSID/wpa.
As soon as I enable the interface some devices on the network start loosing connection with the primary WiFi, then reconnect, then loose again, then try to reconnect but cannot, then reconnect and so on.
Here's what I discovered/done so far:
- WiFi is not briged with LAN
- Distance from the antenna or signal strenght does not matter
- All devices (android or windows) have more or less the same issue.
- Switching channel does not solve anything
- Logs show this "ath0: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 4)" but I am not sure how it's related to the issue. It doesn't appear all the times that I enable the cloned WiFi and I have a few entries even before start working on this. I googled for that error, and I found some old thread about drivers issues but haven't found any real solution
- Strangely enough the Guest WiFi works smoothly