Dashboard with gadgets that have a 'configure' menu



  • … and, of course, when you use IE8 or IE9 as a browser does show strange effects.
    I tried Win XP, 6 and 7 systems.

    As soon as I use IE9 (or 8), and I use widgets like "Rss" or "Services status", IEx shows vertical gaps between the gadgets.
    The default "System information" is even aborted half way.
    The issue shows up as soon as a 'configure' menu is present on shown widget.
    I checked with github to see if I use the most recent code (v2.0 Release), which is the case this time  ;)

    My question is: do others (you ?!) saw this behavior also ?
    If the answer is 'yes', I'll the post solution (the problem concerns nestedstatements, isn't closed, etc).

    Btw: I know: not using 'that' browser makes the errors go away, but there is something new here: IE9 doesn't like 'dirty' html coding, and that's NOT a bad thing.


  • Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

    Patches accepted. :-)

    Use FF/Chrome if you want to be ensured it functions as intended.



  • I've added Safari to that list.

    Anyway, after a nice chat with git my prod unit was teleported to "2.0.1". Stupid me, that's no good.
    But lucky me: 2.0.1 seems as it should be: better as 2.0 -and I have the latests off all.

    I limit myself to pure html shuffle - no other edits. Only touching index.php and the widgets files.
    I'll prepare a diff -u per file, comment and hand it over for afterthoughts with this http://paste2.org/


  • Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

    Or better yet, make a fork on github and submit the changes in the form of a pull request. Very easy to get things in that way.



  • Ok, got the point.
    Installed the github concept in my mind  :P
    Is this the way it should be - is this useful https://github.com/Gertjanpfsense/pfsense
    I forked from https://github.com/bsdperimeter/pfsense so I can follow the 'upstream'.
    I can commit to my private 'origin'.
    One patch is there, see this commit  (try it for yourself, use IEx and have a look at the Dashboard = /index.php page  ;))


  • Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

    Yeah that looks good. If you submit a pull request for that commit I'll merge it in.

    If that doesn't work for some reason I can just check the change in by hand.


  • Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

    I went ahead and committed this fix since I hadn't heard back. I referenced your name and this forum thread URL in the commit message.

    Thanks for tracking that down and figuring out the fix!



  • Well,

    It was in de middle of many kind of small html changes (mostly the widgets), but something got up with me.
    I use the "master" (not RELENG_2_0) and something broke for me when using 2.0.1 (the problem of living on the bleeding edge).
    The /index.php page was being changed, so that jquery is used now ( the mod before just before mine, here https://github.com/bsdperimeter/pfsense/commits/master?path[]=usr&path[]=local&path[]=www&path[]=index.php - better Ctrl-C,Ctrl-V this link - c69c58e2e7146834c48fb4c3556d2fc18bfd691e )
    After that mod, I can't move the widgets any more - neither remove, neither add. No matter what browser I use.
    Like the jquery concept wasn't implemented well.
    I tried to flush caches everywhere, but no way to make things 'move' again.

    So I waited.

    I'll sync again to the latest version to see if things are up again.


  • Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

    Yeah the master version is on jquery and cannot be used with 2.0.x

    If you intend to fix it for 2.0.x you need to switch your git branch to RELENG_2_0 and start with that file. You can use gitsync to sync your box to RELENG_2_0 as well.



  • Ok, switching to RELENG_2_0, ditching master for now.
    I have to sync my (live) pfsense box also (means somewhat downgrading) with this code to get a sane setup.

    Thanks for the fast answer ^^


Log in to reply