Squid3 + Squidguard + Blacklists Browser does not block, Need HELP!



  • Dear PF users,

    I have been struggling for almost a week getting the firewall configured with squidguard.
    I have followed endless on line tutorials regarding that in conjunction with blacklists.

    Whenever I change one blacklist, for instance webmail do deny. I can still access it.
    That is so stupid.

    The default settings has been applied.

    Do you guys know what is going on?

    Thank you



  • Do you guys know what is going on?

    Not without you posting some relevant information such as:

    General Settings
    Common ACL
    Groups ACL (if you are using this)
    Blacklist

    We can't guess at your problem without details.



  • Added some screenshots,

    Hope this helps!

    Thank you














  • After you have made changes on any tab, you MUST go back to the General tab and click Save then Apply or your changes won't work.  You also might also want to select the logging options so you can check the log and see what's going on.



  • Well,

    The daemons seem to be working now, after I applied the workaround.

    Frankly I think squidguard has a lot of quirks.

    I found out that squidguard lacks proper filtering, for instance hotmail does work even though you have set the blacklist for webmail to explicit deny.

    That is stupid. Well there is reason for that, it is free.

    Case closed

    Thanks for your reply.



  • I use it on a corporate LAN and it seems to work fine for me.  I even use schedules to allow/deny access based on time of day and it works like a charm.


Log in to reply