Started seeing this after confiring dhcpv6 a guest VLAN:
Crash report begins. Anonymous machine information: amd64 10.1-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p3 #0 8bdb2f8(releng/10.1)-dirty: Tue Jan 6 06:39:33 CST 2015 root@pfsense-22-amd64-builder:/usr/obj.amd64/usr/pfSensesrc/src/sys/pfSense_SMP.10 Crash report details: PHP Errors: [10-Jan-2015 20:20:14 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 900 seconds exceeded in /usr/local/sbin/prefixes.php on line 83 [11-Jan-2015 02:56:38 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 900 seconds exceeded in /usr/local/sbin/prefixes.php on line 83
I see CPU spikes when this occurs, so it seems to be weged in a loop. Current running on an Atom C2758 with 8GB ram on 2.2-RC (amd64) built on Tue Jan 06 06:01:19 CST 2015.
Seems to happen a couple times a day.
Any suggestions appreciated.
al last edited by
I have another bug report in here https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=86374.0 . After I wrote there Ermal made a fix that was available on the 9th of January snapshot. Yours seems to be from the 6th of January or older. The fix Ermal made for the 9th of January snapshot has the subject "Make this code less memory hungry and fix route command generation".
I however found a bug in the prefixes.php file that has not been fixed, but I have some suggestions for Ermal and Jimp in the bug report I mentioned above. So you might want to wait for that.
But your bug might be about something else. You are likely to be asked to supply your /var/dhcpd/var/db/dhcpd6.leases file, but you might not want to show its entire content to the public so maybe mask some parts of the mac address out - well :-)
Thanks! I'll bump up to the latest snapshot and see its any better, or wait a bit longer to see if any of your fixes help.
Currently my dhcpv6.leases is essentially empty:
[2.2-RC][email@example.com]/root: cat /var/dhcpd/var/db/dhcpd6.leases # The format of this file is documented in the dhcpd.leases(5) manual page. # This lease file was written by isc-dhcp-4.2.6 server-duid "\000\001\000\001\034>\312l\000%\220\364|\252";
I removed the dhcpv6.leases file after some testing and restarted dhcp a few days back, to see if it would resolve the problem but no luck.
Just to follow-up - After upgrading to the latest snapshot yesterday, this crash has not yet re-occurred.