Syncing openvpn settings enter auth password

• Hi there!

I have recently rebooted a longtime running PfSense system and found out it fails to reboot automatically.
    The system starts, but it hangs asking for a password after a while: "Syncing openvpn settings  enter auth password".

Once the admin password has been entered, the boot completes normally.

Not sure if it may be related, but I have also upgraded the system from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4.

Thank you

• Netgate

Not related to the upgrade.

You have something that requires a password for OpenVPN to start.

That is usually a username in the configuration without a password, a password-protected certificate key, or something along those lines.

• That makes sense, but is there a way to find out what is password-protected?

• Banned

Well if you don't know what is password-protected in your VPN, perhaps you'd just better wipe the config and reconfigure it from scratch?  :o

• @doktornotor:

Well if you don't know what is password-protected in your VPN, perhaps you'd just better wipe the config and reconfigure it from scratch?  :o

You are right indeed; unfortunately, I am not the one who's in charge of creating certificates/reconfiguring from scratch. I am the one who has to fix things that somebody else broke :)

Often I get incomplete/inaccurate informations about the environment I have to work in, that's why I am asking how to find it myself, if possible ;)

• After a long search, i found there was an OpenVPN client with a configured username without a password.

Thank you again for your precious hints.